Tenders & Opportunities
We regularly have tender and business opportunities which will be listed here, along with the necessary supporting documentation. Please note that we do not accept prospective tenders or proposals for work.
We also use this page to provide a platform for tender documentation to be shared by our members. If you have a project you would like us to share with the supply chain, please contact Philippa Warren our Business Development and Special Projects Manager. Direct Dial 01493 412192, switchboard: 01493 412199, email email@example.com.
- DIT Export Opportunities – browse export sales leads and tenders, sign up to email alerts for opportunities matching your criteria CLICK HERE to access.
- ENGIE, working in partnership with North East Lincolnshire Council, are developing a new pre-let facility to incorporate Office Space, Research & Development and Production Facilities and Warehouse Space for a local renewable energy company in Stallingborough. This project offers local and regional contractors the opportunity to tender for this £1million plus Design and Build project. A Market Engagement session will be held on Monday 30 September 2019 between 13:00pm 15:30pm. The purpose of the session is to provide a project overview and requirements, and promote the renewal of the Technical Design Framework (Asset Management and Architecture). If you would like to find out more please book your place through the following link below:
- Great Yarmouth Council – Small Grants available for Employability Training Courses – CLICK HERE to view details
- Office Space Available in Central Lowestoft through Citizens Advice – Located in the heart of the town within easy reach of the local business community, the main shopping street and newer industries associated with the harbour area, these offices are ideal for short or long term leasing to a number of small start-ups or established organisations looking for a secure town centre based in an attractive building. In addition, a large conference room is available for hire. It is ideally placed for a number of different types of meetings or events. More information can be found here. To enquire about availability or to view please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme – Businesses can claim up to £3,000 against the cost of connection, either individually or as part of a group project. CLICK HERE for more details about how to apply.
- Lake Lothing Third Crossing Supplier Opportunities – Suffolk County Council and BAM Nuttall are inviting suppliers to a communication event about the Lake Lothing Third Crossing on the 6th June 2019 at the Orbis Centre, Lowestoft. View details HERE.
OIL & GAS
- Schooner and Ketch Gas Fields Decommissioning – The Schooner SNS gas field is due to be decommissioned along with its sister field, Ketch starting in September 2018. The project will take approximately 4 years to complete. The fields each have a normally unmanned platform on them, and an export pipeline taking produced gas to the nearby Murdoch platform, which is operated by ConocoPhillips. The Schooner platform has 11 wells drilled from it, and the Ketch has 9 wells. Ketch is in slightly shallower water at 54 metres, but the platforms are of identical design.
PROJECT PATHFINDER UPDATES FROM THE OGA
- Triton Knoll Register of Interested Businesses – You can register your interest in being a supplier to Triton Knoll and its contractors by using the online form.
- Vattenfall Supplier Registration – Currently opportunities for Norfolk Vanguard and Thanet Extension projects.
- Scottish Power Renewables Supplier Registration – East Anglia One
- Orsted Wind Power Precurement – Supplier registration for Orsted Renewables Projects
- SSE Supply Chain Information and Registration – General information and tenders
- Innogy Supply Chain Registration – General form
- Kuwait Oil Company (K.S.C) – There is a requirement for diesel generator sets in Kuwait. For more information, please click here. Please direct enquiries to Huda Ashkanani at HuAshkanani@kockw.com.
- Kuwait Environment Public Authority & Cefas – Kuwait eMISK Opportunities – Building on the success of our previous work in Kuwait, the Kuwait Environment Public Authority (EPA) and Cefas will work jointly to develop an extensive understanding of Kuwait’s marine environment, which will improve and energise both national and regional ocean governance to protect the Gulfs’ marine ecosystems. This will help sustain regional food and water security and support sustainable economic growth and diversification.
- Department of International Trade Abu Dhabi – TDU Equipment Request – We know of an opportunity to provide services to ADNOC Onshore, referred to as OBM Cuttings Treatment. What is being sought is a Thermal Desorption Unit (TDU) that can recover the hydrocarbons in Oil Based Mud (OBM) cuttings that comes from crude oil drilling operations. The TDU should be able to recover the hydrocarbons, as opposed to burning them, and to ensure the separated solids have less than 0.1% Total Petroleum Hydrocarbons (TPH) in them. The TDUs need to process 200 tonnes per day. Our local contact would prefer to source from the UK.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
- Department for International Trade Argentina Oil & Gas Opportunities – Argentina is the world’s 21st largest economy and the second largest in South America. Business opportunities are increasing as market conditions are liberalised. Argentina’s vast unconventional oil and gas reserves, and a new offshore licencing round, offer significant opportunities for UK business: the Argentine government and major operators are keen to welcome new UK suppliers to the market. Please click to view information from the DIT and Wood Mackenzie presentation, which will provide further details.
- Aramco Forum Saudi Arabian Oil & Gas Opportunities – With an annual capex of US$500 billion over the next 10 years, Aramco has needs for a variety of products and services. There are substantial opportunities for the UK supply chain, in line with the Kingdom’s IKTVA and Vision 2030 programmes. This year the DIT-Aramco Forum will be part of the Energy Exports Conference, taking place in Aberdeen during 18th and 19th June. Experts from Aramco will present the supply and investment opportunities as well as discuss the IKTVA programme. They will also be available for 1-2-1’s with pre-selected companies. Find more information HERE.
- Energy Catalyst Missions Ethiopia and Kenya Missions – Up to £22m is to be invested in innovation projects that will help countries in Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia access secure, low-cost and low-carbon energy. Energy Catalyst Round 7 is due to launch on 17 June 2019 with the aim to support highly innovative, market-focused energy solutions which hit all three areas of the energy trilemma (low cost, low carbon and secure) and focus on the energy access needs of Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia. Innovate UK is inviting UK organisations to join one of the following 3 international brokerage missions to help understand the energy access needs in these markets and to help find international partners. Find more information about Ethiopia here and Kenya here.
- Carbon Trust – The Carbon Trust Green Business Fund – This fund supports SMEs wishing to make energy savings in their business, through: energy opportunity assessments; equipment procurement support; workshops; and capital contributions for supply and installation of energy saving equipment.
- Size: Up to £10,000
- Funding level: Up to 15%
- Deadline: First come, first served.
- Find out more here.
- New Anglia LEP – New Anglia LEP Growing Business Fund – The New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership has grants available for businesses across Norfolk and Suffolk that are looking to expand. The grants can typically cover up to 20% of the total cost of an expansion project and can be used to leverage funding from other sources such as banks and other financial organisations.
- Size: up to £500,000
- Funding level: 20-30%
- Deadline: None. Apply Here.
- Signpost 2 Grants – The Signpost 2 Grants programme can make grants of between £2,000 and £20,000 to cover up to 20% of the cost of a capital investment in a business. To qualify for the grant you must be:
- Located within the Greater Cambridge Greater Peterborough area
- Be a micro or SME that employs less than 250 people
- Seeking to make a capital investment in your business, for example by purchasing new equipment or investing in your premises
- Planning to grow and employ more staff in the future
- Size: £2000 – £20,000
- Length: N/A
- Funding level: 20%
- Deadline: None. Apply Here.
- Climate-KIC – Climate KIC UK Accelerator – Created in 2010 by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology, with the aim of creating sustainable growth by addressing climate change mitigation and adaptation, Climate KIC offers support as well as funding to entrepreneurs. The Pathfinder ideator programme can provide grants of up to €50,000 and the Accelerator grants of up to €95,000.
- Horizon 2020 – The European Framework Programme for Research and Innovation, Horizon 2020, covers a broad range of topics in thematically focused calls, including energy and environmental technologies and includes specific schemes aimed at SMEs. Funding levels for small businesses can occasionally be as high as 100% for small initial feasibility studies but will typically be in the form of a grant of 70% of direct costs. The dedicated SME strand can in principle fund early deployment and market replication, not just R&D, and funding can be provided to single applicants without the requirement for European collaboration. However, a European dimension to the project and its outcomes is still likely to be an important consideration.