Norfolk County Council
Through the Shaping the Future Economic Development Partnership, the County Council recognises the importance of the Energy sector to the Norfolk economy and fully supports the development of the sector through a variety of means.
- Promoting energy as a key sector for Norfolk
- Supporting Beacon Innovation Centre
- Profiling energy within the East of England
- Stimulating and supporting inward investment activity
- Strengthening links between regional excellence in energy and the environment
In particular the County Council supports the continuing major involvement of locally based businesses in the worldwide oil and gas industry and is encouraging the promotion of Norfolk as a centre for renewable energy.