ECITB (Engineering Construction Industry Training Board)
We are a statutory training organisation charged with ensuring sufficiently qualified and maintained skills base in the engineering construction industry.
- Leading Modern Apprenticeship and adult re-skilling programmes, delivering competent people with the full range of skills needed by the industry.
- Flagship training programmes for supervisors and team leaders, direct support for management development, with masters programmes delivered in partnership with leading universities.
- Comprehensive research and analysis of the labour market trends and a detailed forecast of the manpower requirements across the UK.
- Significant grant support to employers' own training.
- A system of training quality monitoring and approval, competence assessment and award of appropriate vocational qualifications, built on national standards.
We are the centre of excellence for advice, information and skills development for the engineering construction industry. We hold funds on behalf of the industry and manage training programmes, distribute grants for training and develop qualifications for people across the industry. We focus on improving site-based craft and supervisory skills, together with office-based skills of design and project management.
Our priorities are:
Value to our industry and participants.
Reputation ensuring quality and excellence and behaving with professionalism.
Teamwork both internally and in partnerships to deliver better services.
The ECITB operates under a Board appointed from within the industry by the Secretary of State for Education and Employment. It is responsible to both government and the industry and is regulated under The Industrial Training Act (1982).