Job Vacancy - General Operations Assistant
Job Vacancy posted by: EEEGR (East of England Energy Group)
Location: Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
The Operations Assistant works primarily to assist the Team in undertaking general office administration tasks, assisting with governance tasks, company financial tasks, company HR tasks of a non-sensitive but confidential nature (e.g. drafting letters, filing, managing expenses, credit cards, sending HR related letters, raising purchase orders and managing invoices), placing orders and ensuring the office runs smoothly.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Company Administration and Governance
- Provide the EEEGR Executive Team with administration and organisational support including email and diary management where required;
- Managing the general maintenance and management of the office, obtaining quotes from contractors and managing contractor access where required;
- Booking and arranging travel, transport and accommodation for the Executive team where required;
- Managing stationery, office supply stocks and orders, IT, insurance, registrations, policies and phone contracts under the direction of the Operations Manager;
- Assist in the production of EEEGR Board reports, and other reports, in collaboration with the EEEGR Executive team to ensure their delivery in a timely and professional manner;
- Assist with the implementation of the Governance including pensions, human resources, health & safety, contracts, policies and procedures within the company in association with the SfE Programme Manager and Operations Manager;
- Assist with the production of internal and external documents, meeting agendas, briefing papers, letters, reports and presentations as and when required;
- Arranging meetings, production of related documentation, venue booking, and arrangement of lunch/refreshments, and minute taking;
- Maintenance of the EEEGR CRM system and general contact information maintenance;
- Assist EEEGR and the Operations Manager in maintaining Data Protection and other legal compliances;
- Answering telephone calls, directing them to the EEEGR executive team and taking messages when the team members are not available;
- Manage incoming correspondence for the team.
Human Resources (HR)
- Assist with the drafting and distribution of general HR communications for the EEEGR Group;
- Assist with the provision of general HR documents to new and existing EEEGR employees;
- Assist with other HR matters of a non-sensitive nature as directed by the Company Secretary, whilst mindful that all HR activity must be treated in confidence.
Health, Safety and Environment (HSE)
- Assist with the implementation and communication of health & safety directives within the company in association with the Operations Manager;
- Assist EEEGR in compliance with their Environmental Policy;
- Conduct weekly fire alarm tests;
- Inform the EEEGR team of any Health, Safety and Environmental issues arising;
- Maintain the accident book, first aid kit and ensure maintenance of fire appliances, fire alarm, intruder alarm and other safety applications.
Financial and Accounting
- Management, financial reporting and administration of EEEGR expenses, credit cards, incoming and outgoing invoices using SAGE or equivalent, purchase orders and banking under the direction of the EEEGR accountant and the Operations Manager;
- Work with the Operations Manager to manage the internal office spend, ensuring cost effectiveness wherever possible.
Skills for Energy (SfE)
- To participate in the activities of the Skills for Energy (SfE) programme in association with the SfE Programme Manager.
- Attendance and assistance at EEEGR events as directed by the Events and Marketing team.
- Operations Manager – to take direction in matters of office maintenance, governance, compliance and HSE;
- Members and prospective members – to develop a good rapport with members and prospective members in order to assist with their requirements or direct them to the correct department;
- Skills for Energy Programme Manager/ Company Secretary – assist the line manager in their day to day duties and take direction from them for work priorities;
- EEEGR Executive Team – to assist in activities corresponding with the post as required;
- CEO – to give office administration and governance updates;
- EEEGR Board Members and Workgroups – to assist in hosting meetings, taking minutes if required;
- Service companies to maintain the office environment and order supplies and liaise with suppliers for the invoicing process.
Personal Qualities & Requirements:
- Ability to be discrete and maintain confidence in relation to sensitive and/or personal information;
- Good interpersonal skills and able to promote the organisation at all events and opportunities;
- Ability to work well as part of a team;
- Well organised with a good attention to detail;
- Numerate with good analytical skills, especially with regards data trends, statistics and reporting;
- Competent writer of business letters and other correspondence, taking and writing minutes and email correspondence;
- IT literate with a high level of competency in standard software packages (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Able and willing to visit member or stakeholder offices, make site visits, and make occasional overnight stays for business;
- Clean, full UK driving licence with own mode of transport.
- Logical, methodical approach to tasks;
- Understanding of the energy industry;
- Adept at using CRM systems and other databases;
- Adept at using SAGE and/or other financial management systems;
- Project Management skills;
- Initiative and exceptional attention to detail;
- Experience of conferences, events and exhibitions;
- Proven ability to provide proactive customer service and experience of engaging with members or customers.
The East of England Energy Group (EEEGR) is the industry and skills association for energy producers and their Supply Chain in the East of England, representing around 300 members across the sector. It is a non-profit, business-led group committed to the sustained development of the energy sector in the East of England and the continued success of its members.
Skills for Energy (SfE), one of EEEGR’s core programmes, is led by industry and its primary aim is to ensure the ongoing diversity and volume of skilled individuals to move towards securing the future wellbeing of the energy sector.
EEEGR’s mission is to be the source of new opportunities and knowledge to enable member companies to strategically grow their businesses.
How to apply:
Please submit CV along with a covering letter, including salary expectations and notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 15/08/2019
Email Contact: email@example.com