Job Vacancy - Offshore Wind O&M Business Development Lead
Job Vacancy posted by: Worley Services UK Ltd
Location: Great Yarmouth
Worley Wind are currently looking to recruit an Offshore Wind O&M Business Development Lead to join our business on a permanent basis, this role will have a requirement to travel in and around the East Anglia area but can predominantly be based within any of our UK office locations.
The role will be responsible for maintaining Worley’s key customer relationships in the offshore wind O&M sector, ensuring excellent customer service is at the forefront of the Company’s operations whilst also identifying new customer opportunities to support future business growth and development. Strong technical capability is key for this role to ensure that business opportunities can be realised for other aspects in the offshore wind sector, cross selling across all aspects of the wind market.
• Proactively engage and maintain effective key customer relationships.
• Work with Worley Wind O&M teams to support strong project delivery.
• Undertake regular customer site visits and engage with customer site representatives.
• Where possible work as an active SME on projects to build out relationships and the diversified offering.
• Understand customer needs and propose new ideas and/or services in support of continuous improvement.
• Identify new customers and support positioning, delivering customer presentations on services as required.
• Support O&M Business Development Manager in achieving Worley Wind growth strategy, focusing on Worley Wind FEED, O&M, Synergy plays, turnkey solutions and building a diversified offering in the current Great Yarmouth business.
Health, Safety, Environmental, Quality:
• Ensure legislative compliance and a duty of care.
• Represent the company as a safety ambassador and implement proactive safety measures.
• Responsible for all aspects of Quality, Health & Safety, operating a safe workplace without risk to health within area of influence.
• Ensure activities meet and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
• Promote quality assurance when visiting new and current customers.
• Identify best practice through supporting project and operational management cycles. Feedback into the company QA system for continuous improvement and lessons learnt.
Business Development & Client Engagement:
• Arrange site visits with existing and new customers, agreeing a programme of visits with fellow management team members.
• Complete customer visit report after each site visit, and proactively work with key stakeholder to close actions and continuous improvement.
• Effectively manage key client stakeholders to ensure successful delivery and increase business opportunities.
• Identification of Leads and Opportunities that will provide Worley with a sustainable and quantitive program of revenue growth with suitable bottom line return.
• Representing the company at conferences, industry events, meetings etc. as required.
• Understand client’s needs and propose new services to the Senior Management Team.
• Support customer performance related meetings and ensure KPIs and contract management elements are provided in handover to operations.
• Utilise and lead Worley’s customer success platform for the offshore O&M business.
• Active Global Integrated Delivery and Digital champion.
• Provide technical support to customers during site visits.
• Feedback customer’s technical queries to the project delivery team.
• Identify new OEM equipment and feedback to the project delivery team to seek and request new training requirements for technicians.
Commercial & Finance:
• Demonstrate solid commercial and contractual awareness and understanding including; contract administration, negotiation, variation orders, and budget management.
• Support ongoing review and observation of contract terms and conditions and ability to discuss at customer site level.
Training, Education and Qualifications:
• Safety management qualification from IOSH or NEBOS
• CMI Level 5 minimum
• Holding a qualification equivalent to NVQ Level 3 (ONC) in a relevant subject is essential (Holding and HNC/HND, Degree or higher qualification is desirable)
Skills and Experience:
• Wind technical background.
• Previous experience in both Offshore/Onshore wind sector.
• Experience of client management, liaison and expectation delivery is essential
• Able to work as part of a team and adjust to different challenges within a dynamic industry. Ability to effectively balance multiple priorities.
• Strong Technical skills relating to task specific inspection projects.
• Be a good motivator with excellent communication and people skills, a consummate developer of client relations on a sustainable and long-term basis.
• Has an in-depth knowledge of the renewables industry, with a detailed technical understanding of the sector phases from conception through to O&M.
• Flexible in terms of travel due to the demands of the role, national with occasional international required.
• Preferable location is East Anglia.
Application Deadline: 21/01/2021
Website Link: https://wc-worley.icims.com/jobs/intro