Job Vacancy - HSE Manager
Job Vacancy posted by: Fraser Well Management
We are looking for a Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) Manager who can provide specialist HSE support both corporately and to our well engineering project teams.
You will be responsible for ensuring the company complies with all legal responsibilities with respect to health, safety and environmental management through keeping up to date with legislation, conducting audits / inspections of the company and contractors, implementing actions when necessary. We are certified to the following standards: ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001:2007, you will drive the implementation and adherence to these standards through the organisation.
You will ensure that all well management projects comply with the applicable regulatory requirements, industry best practice and corporate governance. This is a position where a significant focus will be on the environmental aspects, you will provide support and guidance in compliance to achieve the highest environmental standards and performance.
The HSE manager will also be the key contact for all legislative and operational matters and is responsible for building and maintaining professional relationships with regulatory liaison (OPRED, HSE, OSDR, OGA) and stakeholders. You will also be the key customer facing contact for all HSE matters and responsible for building and maintaining professional customer relationships when addressing customer enquiries or concerns.
There will also be the requirement for visits offshore.
- Experience of working with and managing an Integrated Management Systems (IMS)
- Extensive knowledge of UK HSE legislative requirements, ISO14001 & OHSAS18001 and SCR 2015
- Good communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Proactive and pragmatic, with the strength of character to ‘do the right thing’
- A team player
- The ability and desire to build and maintain strong professional relationships
- Organised and self-motivated, you will have a proactive and inquisitive nature
- Ability to work under pressure and make exercise sound judgements in that environment, have problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong IT skills with the ability to develop and deliver professional reports and presentations
- Be able to manage competing demands for your time and effectively prioritise those task
- You will have a relevant degree (Science or Engineering etc.) or demonstrable track record in HSE management
- You will have worked in the delivery of large engineering projects in the UKCS, this could be in renewables or oil and gas and ideally be familiar with the MAT/SAT system.
- Ideally you will have a recognised UK professional HSE qualification or have the desire, willingness, and aptitude to undertake further qualifications
- Good knowledge of risk assessment techniques e.g. HIRA, HAZOP and FMECA
- Undertaken incident investigation training and be comfortable leading investigations
- Ideally have valid BOSIET and MIST certification
- A flexible approach and willingness to work additional hours in order to meet the needs of the business is required.
Fraser Well Management was established in 2004. We continue to grow in a sustainable way, with strong foundations in well engineering and project management, working in all regions across the globe. We have developed our capabilities in design, construction, operations, intervention and decommissioning solutions to offer a Turnkey Well Operator solution. We pride ourselves on developing our business around our wells, QHSE and business support teams who operate from our Aberdeen, Great Yarmouth and Rotterdam offices.
We invest in training and development and recognise the importance of supporting and enabling each member of our team to achieve their personal best year after year. Our line managers are central to supporting individuals and are open to new ideas and suggestions. We encourage reflective conversation, innovation and development and work hard to recruit the right people to our business, focusing equally on the necessary skills and knowledge needed for the role but also the attitude and behaviours of the person.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please provide a copy of your CV and covering letter stating your salary expectations to; email@example.com