Job Vacancy - Graduate Geotechnical Engineer (Offshore)
Job Vacancy posted by: Next Geosolutions UKCS Ltd
Next Geosolutions is an ambitious and fully independent Geoscience and Engineering Service Contractor, with offices in Norwich, London, Naples, Milan and the UAE. Our clients are mainly Marine Energy Sector Developers, for which we acquire, process, integrate and analyse geoscience data to support the safe and efficient development of energy projects involving power, renewables and oil and gas sectors.
Due to expansion of the Norwich Office to service our interesting, increasing and varied workload, we are looking to recruit a Graduate Geotechnical Engineer to develop in an offshore role and join us on an exciting career journey. The ideal candidate will have a good geology degree, a passion for marine geotechnics, and a desire to work offshore in the field acquiring and analysing geotechnical samples to high standards.
Your role offshore will support the survey team in processing geotechnical data and samples and, when not offshore or on leave, you will be required to work in the office supporting the reporting process. The reporting process will involve the analysis and integration of data to support our clients engineering decision making, with opportunities to develop experience in the utilisation of geotechnical data for different types of development and/or application.
Summary of the role responsibilities:
• Process geotechnical data and sample collected following the company and project standards
• Conduct basic laboratory tests on site
• Support other departments with their knowledge to fulfil the project requirements (e.g. selection of geotechnical locations)
• Draft factual reports
• Derive site-specific parameters for interpretation of geotechnical data and compile and maintain the Geotechnical Interpretative Report
• Carrying out literature reviews and compilation of geological desk study reports
• Support the workshop with preparing equipment and consumables for the following project
• Maintain laboratory equipment on site
A 6-month probationary period will need to be fulfilled to become permanently employed with us, and you will need to pass a UK Offshore Medical and undertake an Offshore Survival Course.
If you feel you fit these criteria and would like to join a growing company and experience travel and work offshore in a professional environment, then please email your CV, personal statement and salary expectations to Chris Ruoso, Geotechnical Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Next Geosolutions is committed to equal opportunities and will provide Offshore Survival training and Offshore Medical as required for the role.