Sofia Offshore Wind Farm and its Tier 1 Contractors are committed to the development and growth of a competitive UK supply chain. To support this they have launched a series of supply chain webinars to showcase contract opportunities during the construction of this flagship UK development. In 2021 there will be at least four webinars in the series, with a possible fifth to be confirmed.
Dates for 2021 diaries are:
- July 6 – Van Oord – EPCI contractor for the foundations and array cables (event details below).
- July 7 – GE’s Grid Solutions and Sembcorp Marine – HVDC transmission system
- July 8 – Prysmian – HVDC export cables
Date to come:
- September – Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy – turbine supplier. This event will introduce the packages, with a second event with specific contract opportunities to follow in 2022.
Each webinar is free to attend. Invitations to each event will be sent individually.
Van Oord requirements – register here
Join this webinar to learn more about Van Oord’s contracting opportunities on Sofia. These will include:
Foundations and Array Cables
Timeframe for procurement: 2021-2022
Goods & support services Foundations:
- Concrete structures (Main Access Platform)
- Secondary Steel
- Cathodic protection
- Barges and tugs
- Marshalling ports
- Davit cranes
- Offshore communication system
- Structural health monitoring system
Goods and support services Array Cables:
- Cable Protection Systems
- Cable Hang-offs
- Testing & Termination works
- Transportation and Logistics services for array cables
- Fibre Optic patch panels
- Cable cleats
Timeframe for procurement: Starting 2023 and into 2024
Transport, vessels, lifting & logistics:
- Mobile cranes, self-propelled modular transport, concrete support blocks.
- Lifting equipment and tools
- CTVs and SOV plus sea freight
- Gas/fuel & offshore temporary power
- Port agents, wharfage
- Logistics & parcel services
- Temporary site infrastructure: fencing, lighting, utilities
- Welfare/storage facilities, security, waste removal
- Civil works & site machinery
- Temporary site office / portacabins
Goods and support services:
- Accommodation – hotels and serviced apartments
- Office supplies (stationery and IT)
- Mechanical and electrical consumables
- Signage / branded merchandise
11.00 Welcome from NOF
11.05 Welcome from Sofia (RWE)
11.10 Presentation by Van Oord including details on contracts and timelines
11.40 Q&A Session
One to one meetings with Van Oord
After the webinar has taken place, one to one meetings will be arranged for potential suppliers, primarily Tier 2 or 3, with Van Oord. Van Oord will select who they would like to meet relevant to their future requirements. If you would like your company to be selected for a one to one meeting, you should ensure that the booking form above includes full details of the goods and services you can supply in line with those listed under ‘Van Oord requirements’ above.
NOF will be in touch if you have been successful in receiving a one to one meeting.
Upcoming Tier 1 webinars
Book an early bird place using these links below:
Episode II: GE’s Grid Solutions & Sembcorp Marine – 7 July 2021 Book here
Episode III: Prysmian – 8 July 2021 Book here
Register on the Sofia supply chain portal
If you are a supplier keen to increase your visibility with Sofia and its contractors, register for the project Sofia Supply Chain Portal HERE