Stay up to date with the Offshore Wind Week programme on our app: owweast.eeegr.com
Celebrating Offshore Wind in the East
Now in its fifth successful year, EEEGR is delighted once more to welcome developers, operators, supply chain companies and skills and training providers to our East Anglia Event which forms part of renewable UK’s national programme of celebrations of all that is good about offshore wind.
With over 50% of installed capacity of offshore wind off the coast of Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex the East of England is at the very epicenter of offshore wind nationally and internationally. And with this percentage figure planned to continue through to 2030 it’s no wonder all eyes turn to our region to celebrate these achievements.
In partnership with EEEGR’s Offshore Wind Week Celebrations, Vattenfall will be hosting a supply chain event on the 20th November at new state of the art Energy Skills Centre at the East Coast College Lowestoft campus.
For the first time, EEEGR will be offering tours to significant facilities involved in the Offshore Wind Industry here in the east. SSE Renewables, ScottishPower Renewables, Associated British Ports, East Coast College, the Offshore Wind Skills Centre, Equinor, James Fisher Marine Services and more have all freely offered their facilities to allow us to facilitate these.
Two tours are on offer;
- Lowestoft: Associated British Ports (which includes a tour of the port, the Cefas Endeavor, ABP Pilot boat, James Fisher ROV demo)*, SSE’s O& M facility, ScottishPower’s O&M facility and East Coast Colleges new Energy Skills Centre.
- Great Yarmouth: ScottishPower Renewables O&M Base, the Offshore Wind Skills Centre, and Equinor’s O&M base.
The meet the buyer event will run between 13:00 and 17:00 at OrbisEnergy, Lowestoft.
Networking, Workshops & More
From 12:00, OrbisEnergy will open its doors for you to join us to network over lunch whilst the meet the buyer underway. Local councils, skills providers and more will be displaying how they can support your businesses and what they can offer.
Workshops on offer are;
- 4C Offshore: International Markets: Europe, Asia and Americas
- New Anglia Growth Hub: Funding Details for Assisted Areas
- Two more workshops TBC
Join us for our free drinks reception at OrbisEnergy from 17:00 at OrbisEnergy. Network over a glass of fizz and connect with regional and non-regional businesses all working in the Offshore Wind Sector.
As part as our extended Offshore Wind Week East Anglia Event programme, we are hosting a conference dinner at the Ivy House Hotel, Lowestoft sponsored by SSE Renewables. Join us to for a chance to network with developers, supply chain and skills providers and celebrate the accomplishments of offshore wind in the east.
Following on from the success of the past four years, EEEGR will be welcoming the likes of SSE Renewables, Scottish Power, Vattenfall, East Coast College, UEA and more to our annual East Anglia Offshore Wind conference. Agenda now released.
- Network with key players in offshore wind in the East of England
- Hear project updates and future plans directly from developers
- Lean how your business can get into offshore wind
Primary Event Sponsor