The IMarEST Annual Conference 2020 will this year be held as a flexible two-week virtual event.
Building on last year’s inaugural event, the 2020 Annual Conference will feature multiple streams covering many of the hottest topics in the marine realm, from the challenges of decarbonisation and a wider shift to greener, more sustainable ways of operating to developments in the naval sector and the outlook for autonomous systems.
Over the course of two weeks, IMarEST will utilise a mixture of live formats – webinars, live debates, 1-2-1 talks with experts, and panel discussions – to provide delegates a flexible and unrivalled opportunity to participate in debates, to learn about subjects outside their day-to-day work, and to make new professional connections.
Although the change to a virtual format was made primarily in response to Covid-19, it will allow international members who ordinarily would be unable to travel to London and attend in person to fully take part in proceedings and bring a global voice to the event.
To maximise interaction and engagement, IMarEST encourage all delegates to download their new event app, which will help you keep track of what’s happening when, take part in live polls, access supporting content and network with other participants and sponsors.
The conference programme, which is subject to change and will be published soon, will cover a range of streams, including:
- Coast and Ocean Mapping and Hydrography
- Engines and Propulsion Innovation
- Forward Steps in Vessel Design
- Green Marine
- Human Element – kindly supported by Bangladesh Marine Academy
- Navigating Ballast Water Management – kindly supported by Hyde Marine
- New Currents in Naval and Defence Engineering
- Safer Crew and Vessel Operation
- Servicing the Offshore Oil and Gas Sector
- Ship Maintenance Strategies
- The Future of Ocean Science