Nexus offers a range of courses intended to develop and demonstrate competence in Electrical Maintenance designed for non-electrically trained engineers.
Module 1 – Core Competency (5 Days)
Description: A core competency course aimed at technicians looking to develop their skills to include fundamental Electrical Maintenance. The course will be a combination of theory and practical, with knowledge and competency assessed at every stage resulting in the issuing of a course competency certificate.
- Understanding of common motor types, technologies and LV theory.
- Relevant legislation, standards and Health and Safety.
- Safe Isolation and proving dead, re-connection of 3-phase AC
- Reading and understanding of electrical drawings
- Identification of motor parts and auxiliary components, including control panels.
- Understanding of the operation of protection devices, including: Fuses, MCB’s and RCD’s
- Theory and application of Direct On-Line (DOL) systems
- Principles of Star / Delta motor construction, wiring and operation
- Forward and Reverse Switching of Motor Power
- Basic fault-finding using continuity and insulation testers.
Module 2 (5 Days)
- Review on Health and Safety including Permits to Work and PPE
- Function, Set up and testing a range of components, including Sensors and Encoders
- Starting Methods
- Introduction to VSD/Inverters/Soft Start
- Discuss Preventative Maintenance
- Advanced fault finding and analysis on electrical Control Systems.
Module 3 (5 Days)
- Documentation Review:-
- Safe working practices / Risk Assessments / RAMS
- Test Equipment – Live Testing theory and Practical, including Oscilloscopes
- Introduction to PLC Interfacing
- Introduction to Three-Term Control (PID)
- Introduction Hazardous Environment Electrical Safety.
Module 1 is a generic course that will be delivered as fundamentals of Electrical Maintenance. Modules 2 & 3 can be tailored to specific company requirements, however a booking of 4 candidates from the same company would be required.
- Module price – £995
- Whole Course (3 modules) – £2495
- Discounts available for more than 1 candidate from the same company. Please enquire for details.
Specific PPE will be supplied by Nexus, as will all consumables and materials.
How To Book
Please call, email or visit us to discuss your requirements. To enrol, please complete the enrolment form which can be sent to you via email or collected at the office.
How To Pay
Payment is accepted via BACS or Cheque.
Date Of Next Course
- Module 1: Block delivery 18th – 22nd February 2019
- Module 1: Weekly delivery 16th, 23rd, 30th January 2019, 6th, 13th February 2019
- Module 2 & 3: TBC
All courses take place at Nexus, on the Beacon Park Estate, Gorleston