Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
EEEGR and Skills for Energy (SfE) strongly believe that we have a social responsibility to provide a workplace that recognises Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (ED&I) and we will carry this value into everything we do. Our pledge is that we will:
- Encourage and promote a positive culture within the energy industry where people feel valued, safe to be their true self and have a sense of belonging.
- Ensure all EEEGR and SfE policies and procedures support the development and retention of an inclusive and diverse workforce from top to bottom.
- Ensure that all events organised by EEEGR and SfE are inclusive to all.
- Ensure a diverse workforce is reflected in any EEEGR and SfE marketing and promotional imagery or messaging.
- Challenge the status quo, drive change and champion inclusive practices where we observe a need to do so.
- Commit to building a diverse team of talented individuals being as transparent as possible in our recruitment processes.
- Speak up when we notice comments of assumptions being made about colleagues’ needs, work interests, competencies or appearance.
- Offer training to our employees around equality and diversity and conscious and unconscious bias.
This pledge is our promise to put Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at the core of what we do, to address and contribute to targets set within our industry and ensure that current and future employees reap the benefits of an inclusive workforce.
Our ED&I programme is currently being developed and will be driven by our appointed ED&I Lead with direct support from the EEEGR management team and board.
To learn more, or to discuss how EEEGR can support your ED&I agenda please contact:
Skills for Energy and Marketing Coordinator and ED&I Lead
Telephone: 01493 412192
Inclusion Starts with I
video credit Accenture