The annual election process for EEEGR Board Directors is now open and members are invited to submit nominations – please contact Gemma Head (firstname.lastname@example.org) to obtain a copy of the EEEGR Board Nomination Form).
The Directors assist in and oversee the strategy for the organisation and they support the executive team in areas such as suggesting subjects for events, identifying compelling speakers, ascertaining market opportunities, establishing and participating in Special Interest Groups (SIGs), developing the Skills for Energy programme and ensuring sound governance of the organisation.
We have a Company Secretary (Gemma Head) and an Honorary Treasurer (Paul Chilvers) who assist in the governance of the Group.
In order to refresh members’ memory, the key points to note for director nominations are as follows:
- There are nine Elected Directors and each year, three directors resign in rotation.
- Members are requested to put forward nominations, which can include the directors retiring by rotation.
- Only Full Members are entitled to present themselves for election.
- Any two different members (i.e. Full Members and other members) may support and endorse an application for an individual in the nomination process, excluding the Full Member organisation of which the candidate is a representative.
- Only Full Members are eligible to vote.
- Last year Paul Chilvers (ode), Stuart Thornton (Fred. Olsen Windcarrier) and Hanna Darwish Davies (Pharos Marine Automatic Power) were elected as Directors.
- This year Graham Hacon (3sun Group), Mark Goodall (Aker Solutions) and Michael Wilder (Petans) are retiring and are eligible for re- election.
- We will be seeking to appoint three directors from those nominated.
- The Full Board meets four times a year, and in between there are meetings of directors and others who meet in workgroups four times a year. Candidates will be asked to indicate their skills and experience and which of the workgroups they might wish to participate in if elected. These workgroups include Skills for Energy, Finance & Remuneration, Events & Marketing and Membership & Core Sponsorship.
- Any individuals wishing to put themselves forward for nomination will need to have secured relevant internal permissions from their own organisation due to the level of ongoing commitment required.
The timetable for 2018 is as follows:
- 27 July – Notice of application process through letter
- 10 August – Applicants to be nominated
14 September – Close of nominations. All forms to be received by 17:00
- 21 September – Validated nominees published on website and voting papers posted to Full members
- 5 October – Close of voting process. All voting papers to be received by 17:00
- 8 October – Elected Directors privately advised of the results
- 11 October – Results declared at EEEGR AGM; to register your attendance, please click HERE
- 12 October – Details published in public domain
- 20 November – EEEGR Board meeting with new directors in post
For details of the current EEEGR elected Board of Directors, please click HERE
Please contact Gemma Head, EEEGR’s Company Secretary via email@example.com for further details relating to this process.