The annual election process for EEEGR Board Directors is now closed.
The directors assist in and oversee the strategy for the organisation and they support the executive team in areas such as suggesting subjects for events, identifying compelling speakers, ascertaining market opportunities, establishing and participating in Special Interest Groups (SIGs), developing the Skills for Energy programme and ensuring sound governance of the organisation.
We have a Company Secretary and an Honorary Treasurer who both assist in the governance of the Group.
In order to refresh members’ memory, the key points to note for director nominations are as follows:
- There are nine Elected Directors and each year, three directors resign in rotation.
- Members are requested to put forward nominations, which can include the directors retiring by rotation.
- Only Full Members are entitled to present themselves for election.
- Any two different members (i.e. Full Members and other members may support and endorse an application for an individual in the nomination process, excluding the Full Member organisation of which the candidate is a representative).
- Only Full Members are eligible to vote.
- We will be seeking to appoint three directors from those nominated.
- The Full Board meets four times a year, and in between there are meetings of directors and others who meet in workgroups which include:
- Skills for Energy
- Finance & Remuneration
- Each of the above workgroups meet four times a year and candidates will be asked to indicate their skills and experience and which of the workgroups they might wish to participate in if elected.
The timetable for 2020 is as follows:
- 8 October – Board Director results declared at EEEGR AGM; to register your attendance, please click HERE
- 9 October – Details published in public domain
For details of the current EEEGR elected Board of Directors, please click HERE
Please contact Gemma Head, EEEGR’s Company Secretary via email@example.com for further details relating to this process.