Job Vacancy - Sales Manager - Offshore Wind
Take your sales toolbox and put it to work in a broader perspective! Semco Maritime is looking for an experienced sales manager for the UK market. Your role will be to cover our widely ranged Wind portfolio, that is, all installations and services related to the transmission net – both offshore and onshore.
A challenging opportunity to be part of and contribute to the growth and success of the offshore wind area in Semco Maritime. You will join an evolving and dynamic company that values its employees. Add to this an exciting workday where results are created together based on a high level of professionalism and dedication.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Responsible for UK sales, increasing our UK presence and increasing the number of enquiries
- Represent Semco Maritime getting the market and clients to understand that Semco Maritime has a wide ranged portfolio for the wind sector – besides building and maintaining substations
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders throughout the UK. Using your sales tools you will build a diverse pipeline of both new and existing customers
- Building effective relationships and developing a good understanding of your customer’s value drivers, you will maximise the customer experience and maintain loyalty
- Generate bid opportunities with new and existing clients in the wind sector
- Undertake industry and competitor research and be present at industry events and exhibitions
- Be an inspiring team member for the entire sales organisation
- Actively increase turnover
- Provide commercial input into tenders and assist in setting commercial costs for the region
You will report to our corporate head of sales and business development.
Who we are looking for
You have extensive experience in the business area and know the key operators in the market. You hold at least 10 years of successful sales experience. The ideal candidate should have the following qualities and skills:
- A technical background or long-term experience with the disciplines and services of the wind sector. You have an extensive wind energy network. You have experience from large and complex project sales
- You are self-managed and can plan your own work. You are proactive and persistent in reaching the best solutions
- You are an excellent communicator and a highly skilled presenter. You understand how to approach other people to create profitable and long-term relationships. You are a team player able to integrate well into any group
- You must have the right to live and work in the UK. You will probably be based in the south-eastern part of the UK with the expectation that you will spend most of your time meeting with both existing and prospective customers. You are used to and willing to travel to other areas where potential customers operate
Please submit your application as soon as possible. If you have any questions regarding the position and expected qualifications, please do not hesitate to contact Vice-President Carsten Nielsen, mobile +45 3038 6458, or Director, Service Operations, Bjarne Christensen, mobile +45 3016 6888.
Feel free to call HR Partner Lone Willumsen at +45 3016 6779 if you have any questions regarding the recruitment procedure.
Any contact will be handled in confidentially.
Semco Martimes in offshore wind
Semco Maritime has a strong history within offshore wind, and has been involved in one third of the substations installed at offshore wind farms in Europe. Semco Maritime delivers all types of services and maintenance related to the transmission net and within all disciplines. Semco Maritime is a leading supplier of fire alarm- and telecom systems. For many years, Semco Maritime has provided resources and competences for the offshore energy sector, and has developed a number of patents on fire alarm and telecom systems.