Job Vacancy - Financial Transactions Manager
Managing a small team and ensuring best practice in the AP, AR and Cash Management function.
- Daily AP and AR invoice and credit note approvals.
- Prepare the weekly 12 month group rolling cash flow forecast
- Reviewing and approving weekly payment runs prepared by the AP Assistant.
- Ensure ledger balances for our offshore personnel provider in Guernsey are reconciled monthly and carry out the reconciliation of their Management Accounts.
- Perform quarterly bad debt reviews.
- Continually meet the month-end close deadlines and prepare supporting schedules for US parent company.
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Prepare accruals and prepayments, ensuring these are accounted for fully and accurately in all group companies.
- Responsible for timely and accurate postings and settlement of all invoices, personal expenses and corporate credit cards.
- Accountability for GRNI and Preliminary invoice levels.
- Prepare group VAT returns / EC sales and Intrastat and submit in accordance with stipulated deadlines.
- Identify and review credit notes > $50k to ensure SOX process has been followed.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations as allocated for review.
- Assist in Sarbanes-Oxley internal/external audits as and when required.
- Assist in quarterly and annual audits as and when required.
- Analysing expenses monthly for the PAYE Settlement Agreement.
- Assist in other month end tasks as allocated.
- To provide cover in the department where necessary.
- To perform other department ad-hoc duties as and when required.
- Part Qualified / relevant accounting experience in commerce and industry.
- Experience of managing staff and running a small team.
- Identifying and implementing financial process improvements and operating within a strict financial control environment.
- Good working knowledge of UK and overseas VAT.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications with more advanced features of Microsoft Excel being beneficial.
- Experience of using accounting software, IFS would be beneficial however not essential as training will be provided.
- Multi-currency experience would be beneficial.
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight reporting deadlines.
- Team Player