Job Vacancy - Business Development Manager
Salary: Salary is dependent upon experience
This role is an essential part of the Sales and Business Development team for our boat building and marine services company.
Your role will be to develop and maintain customer relationships in line with the company business strategy.
Duties will include:
- Prospecting for opportunities to promote all services, activities and facilities, in existing markets
- Prospecting for opportunities to promote all services, activities and facilities, in NEW markets
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with key customers in the UK and globally, including regular visits.
- Identify and develop relationships with potential customers in the UK and globally to attract new sales.
- Manage and prepare all aspects of presentations to all customers to ensure a high level of product understanding.
- Looking for opportunities to introduce business contacts from all sources through personal contacts, trade shows, exhibitions, etc. on behalf of Group Companies.
- Liaison with all stakeholders regarding quotes/invitations-to-tender, etc. from the pricing stage through to the initiation of the product fabrication.
- Providing regular feedback to the Directors of all Group Companies of any/all opportunities to expand product ranges, new competition, untapped market opportunities, etc.
- Represent and promote the company at trade shows and exhibitions
- Organisation of Trade shows and Events
- Social Media, Entering of Posts and review of another companies / individual’s activity
- Review of sales enquiries for all sources internet, Martine journal, Magazines and press releases
- Liaison with trade bodies for networking etc., Eeegr, BMF etc.
- Continuously liaise with yard management and project teams as well as other areas of the business to ensure an all-round high level of customer satisfaction is being maintained.
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven Sales experience, within one of the following markets: marine, oil, gas and renewable energy industry.
- Pro-active team player within the Sales and Marketing function.
- Ability to cultivate good working relationships with distributors and dealers to support ongoing sales relationships.
- Ability to travel on business both in UK and globally as well as working remotely
- Full UK Driver’s license
Email Contact: Simon.Coote@alicatworkboats.com